UPCOMING EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Summer Workshop for Students
Session 1: June 11-15, 2018 | 10am-4pm daily
Session 2: June 25-29, 2018 | 10am-4pm daily
Nomination Deadline: April 27, 2018
Teachers of grades 10-12 are invited to nominate students for the Summer Workshop for Students at The Warehouse.
Who can be nominated?
Students who have completed grade 10, 11, or 12 in 2018 may be nominated for the Summer Workshop for Students.
An ideal candidate:
• Shows a strong interest in pursuing a college degree or career in studio art or art history
• Is interested in the concepts and processes behind a work of art
• Is an active participant in class who often goes beyond basic requirements
• Contributes to class conversations and works well with other students
• Has independent interests and incorporates his/her unique vision into projects
The 2018 Summer Workshop for Students will include:
• In-depth learning experiences with artworks in the current exhibition at The Warehouse – Topologies
• Sessions with art-world professionals
• Hands-on projects focused on artistic processes and concepts, led by professional artists
• Time for students to share work they’ve created (prior to the Summer Workshop) with fellow students
• The Warehouse will offer 2 sessions of the Summer Workshop this year to give more students the opportunity to attend. Both sessions will be identical.
• Nomination deadline is April 27, 2018.
• Up to 25 students per session will be accepted. Finalists will be accepted by The Warehouse education staff, and will be notified by May 8, 2018.
• Tuition for accepted participants is free of charge, and includes all supplies, meals, and a transportation stipend.
Questions? Please contact Thomas Feulmer, Director of Education at The Warehouse, at 214.442.2878 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE to Download Nomination Form.
MUSEUM FORUM FOR TEACHERS:
MODERN & CONTEMPORARY ART
July 9-13, 2018
Museum Forum for Teachers: Modern and Contemporary Art is an immersive week-long summer program for educators presented by The Warehouse, Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas Museum of Art, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, and Kimbell Art Museum.
Participating educators are invited to:
• Deepen their understanding of contemporary and modern art and architecture at renowned arts institutions in Dallas and Fort Worth
• Develop strategies to teach, interpret, and use works of art in the classroom and in museum galleries
• Connect with collections, resources and staff at each museum
• Exchange ideas with other classroom teachers
Museum Forum for Teachers tuition is $250. The cost includes all instruction, materials, and lunch each day. Early Application deadline is April 27, 2018 (discounted rate $225). Regular Application deadline is May 25, 2018 ($250). Program sessions are held at each of the participating institutions and CPE Credit is available for participation. Priority consideration will be given to early applicants.
Click HERE to apply online. Please note the new application form.
For information about the program contact: Thomas Feulmer / email@example.com / 214.442.2878